- Mission statement: I would like to put the mission statement in its own box. Still working out the best way to do this.
- TOC: remove or maybe move to the right side
- Navigation: come up with a useful nav table or flow chart like the one Shawn designed
- Announcements thread: Add a feed or something for posting announcements, have the most recent one displayed here
- Research what other wikis (not necessarily even in this field) do for main pages and see if we can get any ideas.
Sounds good for phase 2...
Moved a couple things around, renamed sections, let me know what you think.
Looks fine! Thanks.
My only real issue (and I'm still indecisive about it) is having the first line be a section title. Normally wiki pages start with an introduction that has no heading. But I sort of like having the big "Welcome to the LNF wiki!". Well, we can discuss tomorrow.
P.S. Thanks for removing "new" from the heading, it was bugging me
Update: I did not like the "Main Page" title at the top, so I got rid of it. On second thought, I could totally just change it to say "Welcome to the LNF Wiki". Let me know if you want me to try it.
Yes, I like that idea - it looks strange without a title, but I agree that "Main page" was not great...
Can you update the configuration so that the page content also shows up on mobile platforms? Thanks Sandrine
Fixed it. There was a div section towards the bottom that was designed for a mobile view, so it was disregarding everything else on the page.
<div id="mf-sidebar"...> ... </div>
This was also showing up on the main page, I hope you don't mind that it's gone now (although I don't think it's pages you wanted there anyway).
At some point in the future, I think we ought to delve into making a dedicated main page for the mobile version, since this page might have too much/non-mobile-friendly content, but for now this is good.
Also Shawn figured out how to hack the mobile sidebar menu, so I'll have to have him update it to reflect the changes we've made to this one.
I made it the same as the home page, does that look ok?
Yes, that's good. Thanks