This page provides information and resources for LNF users and other members of the LNF community. It includes details about laboratory policies and corresponding documentation that can be used as reference. Material from the LNF user communications meetings and the LNF technology seminar series are also archived on this page. Links to other resources that can be useful to the LNF community are also included.
General lab policies
This section includes links to the LNF user manual and other documents related to LNF policies.
- LNF user manual part I: general information
- LNF user manual part II: emergency procedures
- Requesting visitor access
- Professional conduct policy
- Private beaker storage
- Procedure for bringing a new chemical into the LNF
- Badges and name tags policy
- Locker and gowning room policy
- LNF User Memorandum of Understanding (to read and/or print)
After-hours lab access
- After hours policies
- Requesting after hours access to the LNF
- Requesting after hours access to the EECS Building
Safety policies and information
User communication meetings
Please see below for slides presented during recent LNF User Communication Meetings, which provide updates about lab operations and other information relevant to the user community.
February 17th, 2017
September 1st, 2016
March 11th, 2016
December 3rd, 2015
August 27th, 2015
June 5th, 2015
March 6th, 2015
LNF Tech Talks (technology seminar series)
The LNF Tech Talks (formerly known as the LNF technology seminar series) aim at educating and better informing users of LNF capabilities and technologies. The talks typically start with an overview of the technology or technical topic, including physics and applications, then provides specifics details about the corresponding LNF capabilities. Finally, there are opportunities for discussion of LNF user specific challenges. All archived video recordings are available here. See below for individual recordings and separate copies of the slides.
- PECVD - October 24, 2014, Brian Armstrong: Slides
- Annealing - November 21, 2014, Terre Briggs and Rob Hower: Slides
- RIE - January 16, 2015, Kevin Owen: Video recording and complete slides
- PVD - February 27, 2015, Matt Oonk and Dave Sebastian: Video recording and complete slides
- Metrology part 1: Overview - March 27, 2015, Pilar Herrera-Fierro, Brian Armstrong, and Vishva Ray: Video recording and complete slides
- Metrology part 2: In-Depth Discussion of Ellipsometry and SEM - May 1, 2015, Brian Armstrong and Vishva Ray: Video recording, slides for ellipsometer section and slides for SEM section
- Photolithography - June 12, 2015, Rob Hower and Greg Allion: Video recording and complete slides
- Wafer cleaning - March 25, 2016, Rob Hower, Kevin Owen, Nadine Wang, Greg Allion, and Pilar Herrera-Fierro: Video recording and complete slides
- Wafer bonding - May 5, 2016, Greg Allion, Rob Hower: Video recording and complete slides
- E-beam Lithography - February 24, 2017, Vishva Ray: Video recording and complete slides
Upcoming seminars: tbd
Here are additional resources that can be useful to the LNF community.
Please see here for slides from the new user info sessions, updated September 2016.
- Archived financial memos and related files
- How to request access to a new account/shortcode (for internal users). Here is the information that we need to set up a new account in the LNF online system - Note that account changes are *not* retroactive.
- name, contact information and approval of PI
- name and contact information of financial reconciler and any additional person who may need access to reports on usage/charges
- complete chartfields
- funding source or agency
- project name
- relevant technical area (choose one from: Electronics, Optics, MEMS, Materials, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Medicine, Geology, Process Technology, Other)
Information for proposals and presentations
Overview slide to include in presentations: see below for two layout options.
For more updates and to stay in touch, like us on Facebook or follow us on our general Twitter feed. And to ensure that you don't miss any time-sensitive announcements, subscribe to our LNF Alerts twitter feed!
For existing members of the LNF community, the Helpdesk ticket system is the best way to request something from the LNF staff.
In addition to the Contact Us page that is available on the LNF website, we have set up several email list to reach groups of LNF staff.
- info@LNF.umich.edu for general information about LNF usage, capabilities, user support, lab tours etc.
- LNFemail@example.com for details about access to the lab.
- LNFfirstname.lastname@example.org for issues related to access cards (access cards questions, change of room access, etc).
- LNFemail@example.com for questions or requests related to LNF fees, accounts or charges.
- LNFfirstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to feedback entries.
- LNFemail@example.com for questions about the LNF Online Services.
- LNFfirstname.lastname@example.org for safety questions or concerns at the LNF.