E-Beam Solvent Bench 22
|E-Beam Solvent Bench 22|
|Technology||Wet chemical processing|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
The E-Beam Solvent Bench 22 is for working with solvents, stripping resist, cleaning wafers, and liftoff. It is considered a metals class bench, so wafers with metal are allowed in the bench. It is intended for use with all sized wafers and materials.
This bench contains:
- Heated ultrasonic bath
- DI Quick Dump Rinse tank (QDR)
- Temperature controlled hot plate with magnetic stirrer
- Bottle washing setup
- Storage tank
- Controlled Temperature Bath
There are also aspirators on this bench that go to solvent waste and the acid waste neutralization (AWN) system.
|Warning:||You must use the buddy system for all chemical processing. No processing if you are alone in the lab. If the yellow warning lights are on it means that there are 2 or 1 people in the lab.|
Working with chemicals can be very dangerous. Many solvents are very carcinogenic so avoid contact and breathing the vapors. To minimize the chance of accident, make sure you always:
- Wear personal protective equipment. Required PPE at this bench are safety glasses and trionic gloves/ neoprene gloves.
- LNF Glove Policy
- Know the properties and hazards of chemicals you are working with. If you don’t know, find out by reading about them or asking staff.
- Plan the details of your process. Before you start working, plan what quantities of chemicals and sample carriers you will use. Plan how you will rinse your sample and what you will do with any waste generated. Make sure you know how the controllers work.
- Do not use this bench without proper training.
- There are three routes of disposal from this bench:
- Solvent aspirator: Only solvents can be disposed of using this aspirator. Do not aspirate water with this aspirator.
- Water waste aspirator: Only water can be disposed of using this aspirator. Do not aspirate solvents with this aspirator.
- Solvent dump opening: Only solvents with lift-off debris can be dumped into this opening. Do not dump water into this disposal opening.
Substrates from piece parts to full 6" wafers can be processed at this bench.
The E-Beam Solvent Bench 22 is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
This Need the process SOP's here at some point 's Equipment Manual does not follow the LNF Equipment Manual Guidelines.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Take the General Wet Bench Training, if you haven't already.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Fill out process info
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for training and checkout.
This bench is cleaned and the solvent squirt bottles are refilled every Monday and Thursday during lab clean. Please fill up the squirt bottles if you find them less than a third full. The staff maintained e-beam developers are exchanged every other week. Please see the dates on the developer containers for the next exchange date.