MA/BA-6 Mask/Bond Aligner
|MA-BA-6 Mask-Bond Aligner|
|Mask Materials||4", 5", 7" mask plates|
|Sample Size||4" and 6" wafers|
|Chemicals Used||LNF approved photoresists|
|Operating Procedure||Topside Mask Alignment SOP|
This tool is primarily used to expose photo-definable materials. We allow 4” masks, 5” masks, 7” masks, transparencies, shadow masking, or just flood exposure. This tool is capable of backside alignment. The tooling can also be changed out to provide wafer to wafer alignment for wafers that need to be aligned before bonding in the SB-6E Bonder.
- 2 µm min feature size resolution in thin resist
- Aspect Ratio 1:3 fairly standard
- Substrate thickness 200 µm to 4 mm possible
- Capable of back side alignment
- Broadband light source calibrated to 20 mJ/sec at the 405 nm peak. Total broadband dose ~30 mJ/sec
- 4" and 6" chucks
- Backside alignment piece chuck available with staff permission. Alignment marks must be at least 17mm apart for backside alignment.
- 4", 5" and 7" mask holders
- Flood exposure, soft, hard, and vacuum contact capable
- Capable of topside, backside and wafer to wafer alignment
- 10 mm stage travel, 150 mm microscope objective travel with split field view camera option
- Full 4" and 6" wafers standard (pieces should use the MJB3 with a 4" mask)
- Mounting may be necessary if wafer has thru holes, etc. Create helpdesk ticket for assistance
- Substrate thickness up to 4 mm possible
- Minimum substrate thickness is different for each chuck. Consult the chart below, and if your substrate is less than the listed minimum please make a ticket
Allowed Materials - LNF approved photoresists
Not Allowed Materials - Uncured PDMS and SU-8 (restricted w/out approval)
This tool is primarily used to expose photodefinable materials. The lamp output is calibrated to the 405 nm peak at 20 mJ/sec with <5% uniformity across the 4” area. The 365 peak output is about half of this and tracks very well however is not routinely calibrated. We allow 4” masks, 5” masks, 7” masks, transparencies, shadow masking, or a manually timed flood exposure.
Exposure of all LNF approved photoresists are allowed on this tool, for data on specific resist please see that resists wiki page, such as SPR 955
Standard operating procedure
- System Overview
- Topside Mask Alignment SOP
- Backside Mask Alignment SOP
- For Bond Alignment please make a Helpdesk ticket
- Complete a Lithography training session. If you have already completed this for another tool, you do not need to complete it again.
- Practice on the tool with your mentor.
- Read through the User Manual above.
- Accurately complete the checkout quiz. You may retake as necessary until all answers are correct.
- Schedule a time for a checkout:
- Find an available time for checkout here.
- Verify that the tool is available in the LNF Online Services at the time you are requesting.
- After confirmation that the event is scheduled in Calendly, invite the staff member assigned to your event to a Staff Support reservation at that time.
- Create a helpdesk ticket for final confirmation of your checkout appointment.
- Authorization will be provided pending demonstration of proper tool use in the presence of a tool engineer.