Olympus OLS 4000 LEXT
|Olympus OLS 4000 LEXT|
|Material Processed||no restrictions|
|Sample Size||6"x6" and 1 kg in weight|
|Overview||System Overview[Olympus OLS 4000 LEXT#Material_Restrictions|General]]|
The Olympus OLS 4000 LEXT is a laser confocal microscope that can take high resolution 3D images by acquiring successive images of the sample between two heights. It then recombines the laser acquired images and the color images to produce a 3D projection that can be measured. It can measure dimensions, roughness, area, volumes, etc. Its specially developed lenses produce high quality images of the sample. The z axis resolution is 10 nm and the x-y resolution is 120 nm.
Please follow the steps below when finishing your work:
- Send the stage to LOAD to remove your sample
- Remove sample, send stage back
- Exit the LEXT program
- Turn off the LEXT power supply
Do not forget to transfer your data to the LNF Network from the Temporary file where you saved your data
The results of a recent maintenance/calibration on the LEXT OLS4000 are shown below. The height measurement have the following error:
The stitching was tested using one of the standards: on a 2x2 stitch using 50 X lens
- Displays 3D images of the sample
- Z minimum resolution: 10 nm
- X-Y minimum resolution: 120 nm
- Measure surface roughness
- Measure line roughness
- Profile measurement and step measurement
- Measure geometry: angles, distance, areas
- Confocal 2D images, laser confocal images, and color confocal images
- Differential interference Contrast (DIC)
- Film thickness
- Particle count
- Filter options help correct for noise, surface tilt, surface curvature or roughness
- Intensity data exported in .cvs file format
- Data can be saved in Excel file
- 5X, 10X, 20X, 50X, 100X confocal objectives
- 405 nm laser: photomultiplier detector
- Color image: white LED, 2-megapixel CCD detector
- Stage max weight: 1kg
- Stage travel 4"x 4"
- Magnification range 108X - 17280X
- DIC polarizer
- Coarse stage adjustment allows examination of tall (10 cm ) samples
- Max sample diameter 6"
- Maximum sample thickness 10 cm
- Maximum sample weight 1 kg
- Small samples should be placed on a glass slide to avoid cross-contamination
This microscope can be used with any material as long as it weighs less than 1.5 kg and fits comfortably under the lenses.
The Olympus OLS 4000 LEXT is designated as a General class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- If your mentor is authorized on the system, practice the tool with them. Otherwise create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- Schedule a time for a checkout:
- Create a helpdesk ticket for final confirmation of your checkout appointment.
- Authorization will be provided pending demonstration of proper tool use in the presence of a tool engineer.
Maintenance for this tool is done regularly using height standards.