Oxford Plasmalab System 100
|Oxford Plasmalab System 100|
|Mask Materials||Pr, SiO2|
|Sample Size||100 mm|
|Gases Used||Ar, BCl3, CH4, Cl2, H2, O2|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
The Oxford Plasmalab System 100 is a 100 mm reactive ion etching tool designed for a variety of etches. It’s an ICP based etcher designed to etch pieces mounted to a 100 mm wafer. The diameter of the source only allows it to uniformly etch the center ~1.5” of the wafer, making it perfect for pieces. With a variety of gases and a cryo chuck it is ideal for anisotropic polymer etching, III-V's and a variety of other materials.
A wide range of materials can be etched:
- 1 - 100 mTorr
- TD20 Leybold Turbo Drive Classic
- Mechanical clamping chuck
- 10-50 Torr Backside He cooling
- 50°C Standard Temp (-150°C to 150°C Range)
- 60°C heated aluminum walls
- RF / Power Specs
- 600 W ICP - AE RFX 600A
- 600 W Bias - AE RFX 600A Bias
- 100 mm
- Pieces mounted with santovac or crystalbond
The Oxford Plasmalab System 100 is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
The standard processes for the Oxford Plasmalab System 100 are described in detail on the Processes page.
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-created recipes for etching a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on Oxford Plasmalab System 100 User Processes. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard Operating Procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Complete the sample mounting course. If you have already completed this for another tool, you do not need to complete it again.
- Read through the User Manual above.
- Complete the process request form.
- Create a helpdesk ticket requesting a checkout session.
- Authorization will be provided pending successful completion of the quiz and demonstration of proper tool use in the presence of a tool engineer.
Once a month the chamber is cleaned and the tool inspected.