Private Chemical Label Policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Due to COVID-19, the (Jan-Apr 2019/Blue) Chemical Purge will not happen at the beginning of May 2020, It will be delayed tentatively to June 2020.
- January 2021 private chemicals will be sent out 2/11
Reason for Policy
- To comply with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) labeling policies
- To clarify what chemical bottle/containers are actively in use.
- All chemical bottles/containers for private use or without a company label will be labeled with a color coded label that can be printed out on the computers in the front of 1440 and in the ROBIN.
- The label printing link can be used to find the template
- The label colors will change every 4 months and will be outdated a year after the last month they are used according to the following schedule:
- If you need/want to keep your chemical bottle/container longer than one year you need to place a new label in the newest color over the old label before the old label expires.
- There is not a limit on how many times you can update the label.
- You will receive an email if you have a chemical with an expired label.
- You will have 2 weeks to relabel the chemical or it will be disposed of via EHS.