Tempress S3T1 - Dry Oxide
|Tempress S3T1 - Dry Oxide|
|Materials Restriction||CMOS Clean|
|Sample Size||Pieces up to 150 mm (6")|
|Gases Used||N2, O2|
|Supported Processes||Dry Oxide|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. Thermal oxidation of silicon is achieved by heating the wafer to a high temperature, typically 900°C to 1100°C, in an atmosphere containing either pure oxygen, or water vapor. Both, oxygen and water vapor move easily through silicon dioxide at high temperatures. Oxygen then arriving at the silicon surface can then combine with the silicon to form silicon dioxide.
- There are no announcements at this time.
- N2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- N2 - Maximum flow 1000 sccm
- O2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- TransLC - used to clean tube as part of maintenance
- Silicon only
- Pieces up to 150 mm (6")
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4"), and or 25, 150 mm (6") wafers
The Tempress S3T1 - Dry Oxide is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Standard Operating Procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- TransLC clean - Once per year.