Tempress S4T2 - PSG 4"
|Tempress S4T2 - PSG 4"|
|Materials Restriction||CMOS Clean|
|Gases Used||N2, O2, SiH4, 15% PH3/SiH4|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. PSG (phosphorous silicate glass) is formed by using a process called LPCVD, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition. Chemical vapor deposition forms thin films on the surface of a substrate by thermal decomposition and/or reaction of gaseous compounds. The desired material is deposited directly from the gas phase onto the surface of the wafer. PSG is achieved by adding a small amount of the dopant gas PH3 (Phosphine) to the deposition gas, Silane. The important factors are gas ratio, temperature, and pressure.
- The tool is down with communication issues.
- Maximum Thickness - 2µm
- N2 - Maximum flow 1 slpm
- N2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- O2 - Maximum flow 500 sccm
- SiH4 - Maximum flow 100 sccm
- 15% PH3/SiH4 - Maximum flow 200 sccm
- Silicon only
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4") wafers
- Wafer thickness, ~525um for 100mm (4")
The Tempress S4T2 - PSG 4" is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Maintenance is performed on the tool, after 20µm of accumulated deposition.
- Maintenance consists of replacing the following quartz parts within the tube.
- Twin rods
- Bridge for twin rods
- Thermocouple sheath
- 5% PH3/SiH4 injector
- Dummy wafers
- Tube is replaced at 100µm of accumulated deposition.