Zygo NewView 5000
|Zygo NewView 5000|
|Sample Size||pieces up to 6" wafers|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
The Zygo NewView 5000 is a non-contact optical 3D profiler. It uses scanning white light interferometry to image and measure the microstructure and topography of surfaces. It provides graphic images and high-resolution numerical analysis to accurately characterize the surface structure of test parts.
The Zygo is typically used for measuring depth of DRIE trench features that are too narrow and/or deep to be measured with the Dektak XT contact profilometer. It is also frequently used for surface roughness analysis.
- None at this time.
- Vertical Resolution: 0.1-20 nm (FDA resolution setting dependent)
- Lateral Resolution Range: 0.64 – 2.6 μm (objective and zoom dependent)
- Maximum Vertical Step Height: 5 mm
- Maximum Trench Aspect Ratio: ~10:1
- Objectives: 5x, 10x, 50x
- Image zoom: 0.4x to 2x (secondary zoom)
- Vertical scan rate: ≤ 10 μm/sec
- Max Sample Thickness: 104 mm
- Max Roughness: ≤ 100 μm Rp
- Reflectivity: 4-100%
- Opaque and transparent surfaces can be analyzed
- Transparent materials can complicate set up and cause error in measurements if there is a higher reflectivity underlying material or substrate.
- If your sample has surfaces with dissimilar materials, the accuracy of step height measurements may be degraded. Dissimilar optical properties cause relative phase shift error in the measured vertical height between the surfaces.
The Zygo NewView 5000 is designated as a General class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
Manual set up of measurement parameters is performed for each sample. Please see the Standard Operating Procedure below for instructions.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will arrange a time with you to schedule the tool for training and checkout.
- Lamp is changed as needed.