Acid Bench 92
|Acid Bench 92|
|Material Processed||metals allowed, all materials except corrosive and toxic materials|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
The Acid Bench 92 is a multi-process acid bench. It houses several plating processes as well as wafer cleaning processes like piranha, HF and PFC and etches like the HF-Nitric and multiple metal etches. There is no restriction on the materials allowed. There is a strict separation (segregation) in the glass ware to be used depending on the process and all the metal samples are first rinsed in the sink before doing the last clean in the QDR. The QDR is regularly cleaned with sulfuric and the aqua regia mixture in order to keep it ion-free. There is an spinner drier (SRD) associated with this bench for the last cleaning step.
- Update this with announcements as necessary
This is a general acid processing wet bench, supported processes are listed below. Many users processes available
- Metal etch
- Cu plating
- Ni plating
- In plating
- Fe-Ni plating
- HF-Nitric anisotropic Si etch
- PFC after CMP
- Piranha Clean
- HF etch
- Bench top work: plating.
- Several plating bath, includes sample holder, filters, stirrer, counter electrode and counter electrode holder
- Plating pump for electrolyte recirculation
- Hot plate with temperature control
- Quartz heated tank for ionic clean
- HF tank
- Quartz Piranha tank
- DI rinse tank
- Nitrogen and DI gun
- Waste liquid aspirator
The acid waste goes to neutralization plant before is released into city sewage.
- Many sample sizes can be accommodated in this bench. Tanks and existing labware can accommodate up to 150mm wafers.
- Many types of materials are allowed in this bench.
The Acid Bench 92 is designated as a Undefined class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
There are several processes for this tool supported by the LNF, which are described in more detail on the Processes page.
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-created recipes for etching a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on Acid Bench 92 user processes. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Complete the training request form here.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Complete the SOP quiz here.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.