BSL 2 Bio-Room
The Bio Safety 2 room is a controlled space laboratory that has Bio Safety II qualifications as well as low particle count. The BSL2 Bio-room houses a Class II Biological Safety Cabinet, an Incubator, centrifuge, etc., commonly used equipment in Biological research. Users in this laboratory also have access to a -80C bio-freezer and a top down Fluorescent microscope with DIC capabilities and programmable stage (Olympus BX51).
|BSL 2 Bio-Room|
|Material Processed||bio entities, chemicals, and materials allowed must be compatible with the BSL II designation|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
- Update this with announcements as necessary
- Etch Rate
- Aspect Ratio
- Thickness range
- RF / Power Specs
- Wafer Size
- Wafer type
- Any mounting?
- Wafer thickness
The BSL 2 Bio-Room is designated as a Undefined class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
There are several processes for this tool supported by the LNF, which are described in more detail on the Processes page.
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-created recipes for etching a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on BSL 2 Bio-Room user processes. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Complete the training request form here.
- Complete BSL-related safety training modules EHS_BLS301w_TAB and EHS_BSL100w_TAB in MyLinc and send certificates to LNFfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Complete the SOP quiz here.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.