Badges/Name Tag Policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Everyone should have a badge that meets the following criteria. If you do not please contact LNF staff at info@LNF.umich.edu to obtain one. If you do not have a badge you will be asked to leave the lab and obtain one.
Reason for Policy
- To help identify everyone in the lab and facilitate communication between users in the lab.
- Everyone in the lab will have a name badge.
- The information on the badge will be easy to read.
- The badge will have the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Group Associated with
- Month/Year of first entry to the LNF
- Badge Colors are determined by last names as follows
- Blue - A-D
- Black - E-K (updated October 2022)
- Red - L-M (updated October 2022)
- White - N-S
- Green - T-Z
- Orange - LNF Staff
- Yellow - Temporary
- You should have two badges (one for wearing in the lab and one to stay on your gowning room bag / storage compartment while you are in the lab).
- All gowning bags (cleanroom) and storage niche (ROBIN) with garments in them must have a badge attached to the bag or coat hanger or storage niche.
- If you do not have a badge or need a new one, you may request a new one by creating a general Helpdesk ticket or stopping by the LNF store. In the meantime, please use a temporary bade (yellow holder and complete the template cards found in the lower-right storage bin).
Tri-annual name badge purges
- Name badges and after-hours suit tags are purged on the same tri-annual cycle as private chemicals and files on the server (January, May and September).
- Name badges will be removed for users who have not entered that lab space during the past 4 months. If you are about to re-enter the LNF after a long interruption, please create a Helpdesk ticket to ask LNF staff to reprint new name badges.