Base Bench 91
|Base Bench 91|
Base Bench 91
|Sample Size||up to 6" wafer|
|Chemicals Used||KOH, TMAH, bases|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
Base Bench 91 is a wet bench used for processing with basic solutions. A number of processes such as: KOH and TMAH etching, photoresist development, are supported in this bench. It is a Metals class bench with few materials restrictions, it can be used for a wide variety of basic chemical processing on a wide variety of materials. This bench also offers a non metal Si etch, TMAH etch. This process has its own glassware.
A reminder to KOH etch users
KOH exposed samples ARE NOT ALLOWED in the clean room unless they go through an exhaustive cleaning process. The simple reason is that K+ ions are highly mobile in silicon. The required cleaning steps and the sequence are as follows:
- Piranha and SC2 ionic clean in Acid Bench 92
- RCA clean (SC1+SC2) in RCA Bench 81
If the next step is a furnace, the sample should do an additional RCA clean in PFC Bench 01 in addition to the steps listed above.
This bench is used for general basic wet chemical processing. LNF supported processes are:
- KOH anisotropic etch (non CMOS)
- TMAH Si etch (both CMOS and non CMOS)
- Photoresist development
- III-V oxide etch
This bench is mostly used for KOH and TMAH si etch. KOH is a non-CMOS process and TMAH is a CMOS process. We also have the capability to do TMAH etch on non-CMOS wafers. This bench also supports the photoresist development done in the ROBIN lab as well as other chemical processes like III-V oxide etch.
- Hot plate for TMAH processing
- Hot plate for bench top processing
- Heated Quartz bath for KOH etch
- Deck top hot plate available for other processes (removable)
- HF bath for native oxide removal prior to Si etch
- Aspirator to neutralization system
- Nitrogen and DI gun
- Wafer Size 4" and 6"
The Base Bench 91 is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
There are several processes for this tool supported by the LNF, which are described in more detail on the Processes page.
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-created recipes for etching a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on Base Bench 91 user processes. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Take General Wet Bench Training if you have not completed it yet
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Fill out Process Request Form
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training/ checkout
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.