Difference between revisions of "Deep UV SenLights PL16"
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
The etch rate of a 100mm Si wafer coated with SPR 955 is monitored on an approximately
The etch rate of a 100mm Si wafer coated with SPR 955 is monitored on an approximately basis.
Latest revision as of 14:01, 9 December 2019
|Deep UV SenLights PL16|
|Sample Size||pieces up to a 6" wafer|
|Operating Procedure||Equipment Manual|
The SenLights PL16 is a Deep UV exposure tool that can be used for ozone cleaning, hard-baking photoresist, and surface treatments. It's especially useful for cleaning very delicate 2D materials since there's no plasma.
- Surface cleaning via UV-Ozone, especially for delicate 2D materials
- Polymer etching via ozone
- Positive photoresist (novolac based) crosslinking via deep UV exposure
- PDMS Surface Modification
- Surface prep for low temp fusion bonding
- Aprox. 15 mW/cm2 at 30mm of 254nm light
- 185nm light for ozone generation
- Low concentrations of ozone in the range of 20-200ppm
- Pieces to a 150mm wafer, up to 70mm thick
The Deep UV SenLights PL16 is designated as a General class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
This is an isotropic etch that's highly dependent on localized loading. Small isolated features can etch around 2-4X faster then a blanket film.
- 100mm wafer of blanket SPR 955: ~100 nm/hr
Improve Wet Etch Undercut
- After developing SPR 955 run for 5min with 1cm gap.
Below shows the difference in undercut of a 15min BHF etch of SiO2 using SPR 955 as a mask.
- After developing SPR 955 run for 5min with 1cm gap
- Bake at 180C for 30 min
Below shows SPR 955 that's been fully cured, then a second layer patterned on top of it. This document goes through the development of this cross-link bake and some process testing with it. The bake generates a lot of stress and will typically cause thicker (3µm+) films to partially fail. SPR 955 Cross-link
- Read through this page and the Equipment Manual
- Complete the SOP quiz
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting checkout.
The etch rate of a 100mm Si wafer coated with SPR 955 is monitored on an approximately monthly basis, the log can be viewed at the tool.