|Material Processed||SiO2, Si3N4, SiOxNy|
|Sample Size||100 mm and pieces|
|Supported Processes||Standard Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
The GSI ULTRADEP 2000 is a Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD) system with standard operating temperatures of 200°C and 350°C. The GSI is configured as a single chamber with a load-lock. This system deposits film only on one side of the substrate at a time. The system is configured to deposit SiO2, Si3N4, and SiOxNy on substrates up to 100 mm diameter.
- Standard recipes Oxide 200 and Oxide 350 are optimized for average refractive index of 1.46 +/-0.006.
- Standard recipes Nitr 200 Conv and Nitr 350 Conv are optimized for average refractive index of 2.00 +/-0.006.
- Standard recipe Oxynitride 200 LS is optimized for low stress (<60 MPa for >1 um Films)
- Standard recipe Oxide 200 THIN and Oxide 350 THIN are optimized for minimum porosity of films 1500-5000 angstroms
- Process chamber utilizes Ebara A70W dry pump, butterfly valve, and 10 T Baratron.
- Load-lock utilizes Alcatel ACP 28G dry pump.
- Deposition processes operate between 1.5T to 4.5T
- Heater block 100°C - 350°C
- Comdel dual frequency generator-
- RF1: 1000 W, 13.56 MHz
- RF2: 200 W, 420 kHz
- Advanced Energy Navigator 13.56MHz auto-matching network utilizes variable vacuum capacitors via stepper motors with built-in VI probe at output.
- 420 kHz impedance matching is accomplished via stand alone fixed match with the center impedance designed for the conjugate load impedance of the standard Nitride processes.
- Comdel dual frequency generator-
- 100 mm (4") wafers and pieces
- Substrate material:
- Aluminum carrier is used for all runs.
- Maximum substrate thickness allowed is <800um (thickness + bow).
The GSI PECVD is designated as a Semi-Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
There are several targeted SiO2 and Si3N4 processes supported by the LNF. Characterization data for these processes is captured in the table below, including deposition rate, within wafer non-uniformity percentage, refractive index, and film stress.
Standard Operating Procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through the System Overview and the SOP.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training. Please include information on your desired deposition process (films, thicknesses) and a description of your sample (substrate size, substrate material, and materials already present on your sample). Please verify that your substrate material and materials already present on your sample are listed as approved materials in the System Overview.
- A tool engineer will contact you to arrange a time for initial training.
- One or more of these training sessions will be required before a checkout session can be arranged to gain authorization on the tool.
- Request a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Chamber maintenance is performed after every 30 um's of deposition.
- Following chamber maintenance, a monitor wafer is run on one of the LNF supported standard processes (typically Oxide 200 1500 angstroms) to check tool performance and film characteristics.