|Material Processed||SiO2, Si3N3, SiOxNy|
|Sample Size||100mm and Pieces|
|Supported Processes||Standard Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
The GSI is a Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD) system configured to deposit SiO2, Si3N4, and SiOxNy on substrates up to 100mm diameter. This is a single wafer system that deposits film on one side of the substrate at a time. Deposition temperature may range from 100C to 380C. Standard recipes deposit at 200C or 380C. Substrate heating is accomplished with the utilization of a heater block. The heater block does not contain active cooling. This system includes a dual frequency RF power delivery system with 13.56MHz as the primary power component. High frequency utilizes an auto-matching network w/ built in V/I probe on the output and low frequency utilizes a fixed matching network. The 13.56MHz is superimposed onto the 420KHz (when RF1 and RF2 are both used) and is capacitively coupled through the showerhead electrode. A wafer carrier must be used for 100mm and smaller substrates. All component parameters (except temperature) are displayed in system interface as percentage of full scale (ex. RF1 set to 32 is interpreted as 32% of 1000W’s or 320W’s).
- Update this with announcements as necessary
- Standard recipes Oxide 200 and Oxide 380 are optimized for average refractive index of 1.46 +/-0.006.
- Standard recipes Nitr 200 Conv and Nitr 380 Conv are optimized for average refractive index of 2.00 +/-0.006.
- Standard recipe Oxide 200 LS is optimized for low stress (<60MPa for >1um Films)
- Standard recipe Oxide 200 THIN is optimized for minimum porosity of films 1500-5000 angstroms
- Process Chamber utilizes Ebara A70W dry pump, butterfly valve, and 10T Baratron.
- Load-lock utilizes Alcatel ACP 28G dry pump.
- Deposition processes operate between 1.5T to 4.5T
- Heater block 100°C - 380°C
- Comdel dual frequency generator- RF1 1000W 13.56MHz RF2 200W 420kHz
- Advanced Energy 13.56MHz auto-matching network utilizes variable vacuum capacitors via stepper motors with built-in VI probe at output.
- 420kHz impedance matching is accomplished via stand alone fixed match with the center impedance designed for the conjugate load impedance of the standard Nitride processes.
- 100mm (4") wafers and pieces
- Substrate material:
- Aluminum carrier is used for all runs.
- Maximum substrate thickness is 2mm.
The GSI PECVD is designated as a Semi-Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
There are several processes for this tool supported by the LNF, which are described in more detail on the Processes page.
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-created recipes for etching a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on GSI PECVD User Processes. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard Operating Procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Complete the training request form here.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Complete the SOP quiz here.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.