Heidelberg µPG 501 Mask Maker
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the wiki.
|Heidelberg µPG 501 Mask Maker|
|Material Processed||S1813, AZ5214, SPR 220-3.0, SPR 220-7.0, AZ 9260, SC 1827, SU-8|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
The μPG 501 is a micro pattern generator for direct writing applications and low volume mask making. The system can be used for applications such as MEMS, Bio MEMS, Integrated Optics, Micro Fluidics or any other application that requires high precision, high-resolution microstructures. The μPG 501 features a compact design with all electronic components integrated into the system. A personal computer is used as system control. The GUI based control software makes it easy for users to convert the designs, perform a manual or automatic alignment and start the exposure. The small address grid allows placement of structures with very high accuracy. The real-time autofocus system monitors and corrects focus position during exposure, which guarantees high resolution and repeatability over the entire exposure area. The LED light source can be used to expose the standard photoresists that are used in lithography. The system offers a raster-scan and vector exposure mode for 2D patterns and in addition it is also possible to create complex 3D (grey scale) structures in thick photoresist in a single pass.
Exposure Time: 41 ms
Defocus Value: -10
- High Precision Writing Mode
- Minimum structure size: 1 μm (This is the minimum feature size that can be patterned. For large patterning areas of CDs ~1 μm, the uniformity will vary considerably. Please contact the tool engineer for an evaluation of your pattern before exposure)
- Address grid: 50 nm
- Write speed: 50 mm²/min
- Line edge roughness (3σ): 100 nm
- CD uniformity (3σ): 200 nm
- Alignment accuracy (3σ): 200 nm (best case scenario).
- High Throughput Writing Mode
- Minimum structure size: 2 μm
- Address grid: 100 nm
- Write speed: 100 mm²/min
- Line edge roughness (3σ): 150 nm
- CD uniformity (3σ): 300 nm
- Alignment accuracy (3σ): 400 nm (best case scenario).
- LED wavelength: 390 nm
- Optical system: DMD™ and reflecting mirrors
- Stage movement: Linear motors
- Encoder resolution: 20 nm
- Focusing system: Real time with dynamic range of 80 µm
- Greyscale: 128 intensity levels
- For mask making (contact lithography or stepper reticle)
- Soda lime or Quartz plates
- Size: 2" X 2" to 5" X 5"
- Maximum thickness: 6 mm
- Flatness: <±20 μm
- For direct write on substrates
- Si, GaAs, Quartz wafers and pieces
- Size: 2" to 5". Minmum size is 2” dia wafer or a 2” X 2” square. For smaller samples, please contact a tool engineer.
- Flatness: <±20 μm
- SPR 220-3.0
- SPR 220-7.0
- AZ 9260
- SC 1827
LNF supports direct writing on mask blanks for this tool. Mask blanks can be either 4" or 5" soda lime glass, 90 mil thick, low reflectance Chrome with 400 nm of AZ1518 photoresist. For the current Exposure Time and Defocus Value, please see the Announcements section.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
Users are not allowed to carry out maintenance on the Heidelberg µPG 501 Mask Maker. For issues with the tool, please contact the tool engineer or create a helpdesk ticket. Users are prohibited from trying to troubleshoot without authorization from the tool engineers. The users are, however, allowed to exit and restart the Mask Maker software in case error messages pop up or the software freezes. Double click in the dwl icon on the desktop to launch the software. Provide the following Username and Password to launch:
- Username - dwl (case sensitive)
- Password - dwl (case sensitive)