Difference between revisions of "LAM 9400"
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
** 1250 W 13.56 Mhz TPC - (800 W Max)
** 1250 W 13.56 Mhz TPC - (800 W Max )
** 1250 W 13.56 Mhz Bias - (
** 1250 W 13.56 Mhz Bias - (W Max)
Revision as of 09:30, 24 September 2021
|Mask Materials||PR, SiO2|
|Sample Size||150 mm|
|Gases Used||He, HBr, O2, SF6|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
The LAM 9400 SE is a high density plasma etch tool manufactured by LAM Research Corporation. This tool was originally designed for production polysilicon etching, but has been reconfigured for silicon based materials, III‐Vs, some metals, and organic materials. It uses a TCP (transformer coupled plasma), which is a special patented form of an ICP source to enhance plasma density. It also has a bias power supply for controlling ion bombardment energy.
- Moderate etch rates ~1000-2000 Å/min
- Sub-micron features 1-2 µm deep
- Large variety of Fluorine and Chlorine chemistries available
- Can process a wide range of materials such as polysilicon, oxide, nitride, III-V's, and some reactive metals.
- 1000 L/sec Seiko Seiki STP-H1000C turbo pump
- 2-100 mTorr
- Series 64 VAT valve
- Electrostatic Chuck
- 150 mm wafer
- 0-50 Torr backside He cooling
- 50°C Standard Temp (-40°C to 80°C Range)
- 750 V bipolar
- 50°C walls
- Anodized aluminum walls
- 1250 W 13.56 Mhz TPC - (600 W Max w/ bias, 800 W Max no bias)
- 1250 W 13.56 Mhz Bias - (200 W Max)
- 150 mm wafers
- 1 major flat
- 3 mm max height
The LAM 9400 is designated as a Semi-Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
There are several processes for this tool supported by the LNF, which are described in more detail on the Processes page.
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-created recipes for etching a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on LAM 9400 User Processes. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard Operating Procedure
- Complete the sample mounting course. If you have already completed this for another tool, you do not need to complete it again.
- Read through the User Manual above.
- Accurately complete the SOP quiz. You may retake as necessary until all answers are correct.
- Complete the process request form.
- Create a helpdesk ticket requesting a checkout session.
- Authorization will be provided pending successful completion of the quiz and demonstration of proper tool use in the presence of a tool engineer.