LNF Picture Contest
About the Contest
This contest was conceived and organized by the LNF User Committee, with the support from the LNF and the Graduate Community grant from the U-M College of Engineering Graduate Office. The LNF User Committee is a group of LNF lab users who advise and give feedback to the LNF staff from a student/lab user perspective, and to work on ways to improve the lab, promote student camaraderie, stimulate professional interaction among students, and improve the lab community and environment for LNF users..
- The prizes are as follows
- First prize
- Second prize
- Third prize
- This year ArtsEngine  will grant $100 for the "ArtsEngine Honorary Award" to the entry "that ;demonstrates a mastery of subject matter and artistic impression".
- You can submit an image through LNF Online Services: Picture Contest Submissions ;Submission deadline has been extended until December 15, 2020.
- Submit any photograph, SEM, AFM or other microscope images taken in the LNF or image of a structure created, at least partially, in the LNF.
- Any LNF user may submit one entry.
- Images may be publicly distributed and should not show confidential research or material not ready for display. They may be used in promotional ;material.
- Submissions are done via the LNF Online Services.
- Title the image, use a name that relates to what you see in the photos-show your creativity (i.e. "Sunrise in LNF"). In addition, include a technical ;description (500 character max).
- == Voting==
- Voting for the 2021 contest is active. You can vote until midnight on January 31st, 2021. To vote please click on the button below or go to the ;following link https://ssel-apps.eecs.umich.edu/picture-contest/vote. You can also vote from ;the LNF Online System by clicking on the VOTE button.
- ==Instructions for Submission==
- You may upload 1 image only. To replace an image you must delete it and then upload a new one. Note
- you can combine multiple images into one ;collage.
- The following file types are allowed: .png, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg.
- The maximum file size is 30 MB. If possible a minimum of 300 dpi (1800x2700 pixel) and landscape format.
- Descriptions and photos should not contain any personal information, such as your name. Please only use alphanumerical characters. (no quotes etc)
- There is a 500 character limit for descriptions. Any text beyond this will be truncated.
2020 LNF Photo Contest Winners
Fist place: <Wonjin Choi />
Second place:<Jong Kim />
Third place: <Ashley Jian />
ArtsEngine Winner: Audrey Rose Gutierrez
- 2019 Photo Contest Winners
Fist place: Zachary Berquist
Second place: Dongxiao Yang
Third place: Ashley Jian
- 2018 Photo Contest Winners
Fist place: Kanghwan Kim
Second place: Yuanpeng Wu
Third place: Dongxiao Yang
- 2017 Photo Contest Winners
First place: Ashley Bielinski
Second place: Tal Nagourney
Third place: Mina Zeinali
- 2016 Photo Contest Winners
First place: Tal Nagourney
Second place: Kevin Golovin
Third place: Komal Kampasi