LNF Picture Contest
About the Contest
This contest was conceived and organized by the LNF User Committee, with the support from the LNF and the Graduate Community grant from the U-M College of Engineering Graduate Office. The LNF User Committee is a group of LNF lab users who advise and give feedback to the LNF staff from a student/lab user perspective, and to work on ways to improve the lab, promote student camaraderie, stimulate professional interaction among students, and improve the lab community and environment for LNF users..
The prizes are as follows:
First prize: $100
Second prize: $75
Third prize: $50
This year ArtsEngine  will grant $100 for the "ArtsEngine Honorary Award" to the entry "that demonstrates a mastery of subject matter and artistic impression".
You can submit an image through LNF Online Services: https://ssel-sched.eecs.umich.edu/sselonline/PictureContest.aspx.
Submission will be accepted from March 5th, 2019. End of submissions will be announced shortly
- Submit any photograph, SEM, AFM or other microscope images taken in the LNF or image of a structure created, at least partially, in the LNF.
- Any LNF user may submit one entry.
- Images may be publicly distributed and should not show confidential research or material not ready for display. They may be used in promotional material.
- Submissions are done via the LNF Online Services.
- Title the image, use a name that relates to what you see in the photos-show your creativity (i.e. "Sunrise in LNF"). In addition, include a technical description (500 character max).
Voting on the 2019 contest is active. You can vote until midnight of July 7th, 2019. To vote please go to the following link []. You can also vote from the LNF Online System by clicking on the VOTE button.
Instructions for Submission
- You may upload 1 image only. To replace an image you must delete it and then upload a new one. Note: you can combine multiple images into one collage.
- The following file types are allowed: .png, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg.
- The maximum file size is 30 MB. If possible a minimum of 300 dpi (1800x2700 pixel) and landscape format.
- Descriptions and photos should not contain any personal information, such as your name. Please only use alphanumerical characters. (no quotes etc)
- There is a 500 character limit for descriptions. Any text beyond this will be truncated.
- 2018 Photo Contest Winners
Fist place: Kanghwan Kim
Second place: Yuanpeng Wu
Third place: Dongxiao Yang
- 2017 Photo Contest Winners
First place: Ashley Bielinski
Second place: Tal Nagourney
Third place: Mina Zeinali
- 2016 Photo Contest Winners
First place: Tal Nagourney
Second place: Kevin Golovin
Third place: Komal Kampasi