LNF Picture Contest
About the Contest
This contest was conceived and organized by the LNF User Committee, with the support from the LNF and the Graduate Community grant from the U-M College of Engineering Graduate Office. The LNF User Committee is a group of LNF lab users who advise and give feedback to the LNF staff from a student/lab user perspective, and to work on ways to improve the lab, promote student camaraderie, stimulate professional interaction among students, and improve the lab community and environment for LNF users..
The prizes are as follows:
First prize: $100
Second prize: $75
Third prize: $50
This year ArtsEngine  will grant $100 for the "ArtsEngine Honorary Award" to the entry "that demonstrates a mastery of subject matter and artistic impression".
You can submit an image through LNF Online Services: https://ssel-sched.eecs.umich.edu/sselonline/PictureContest.aspx.
Submission will be accepted from March 5th, 2019. End of submissions will be announced shortly
- Submit any photograph, SEM, AFM or other microscope images taken in the LNF or image of a structure created, at least partially, in the LNF.
- Any LNF user may submit one entry.
- Images may be publicly distributed and should not show confidential research or material not ready for display. They may be used in promotional material.
- Submissions are done via the LNF Online Services.
- Title the image, use a name that relates to what you see in the photos-show your creativity (i.e. "Sunrise in LNF"). In addition, include a technical description (500 character max).
Voting for the 2019 contest is active. You can vote until midnight on July 7th, 2019. To vote please go to the following link []. You can also vote from the LNF Online System by clicking on the VOTE button.
- 2017 Photo Contest Winners
First place: Ashley Bielinski
Second place: Tal Nagourney
Third place: Mina Zeinali
- 2016 Photo Contest Winners
First place: Tal Nagourney
Second place: Kevin Golovin
Third place: Komal Kampasi