Difference between revisions of "LNF Sputter Adding New Films"
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
#*Due to issues of cross contamination process development of co-sputtered films will require the purchase of private targets and shields.
#*Due to issues of cross contaminationprocess development of co-sputtered films will require the purchase of private targets and shields.
Revision as of 10:01, 24 February 2017
The Lab 18's have two access categories, user and superuser. User level access allows access to the standard recipes where as superuser access allows users to change targets, run variable parameter recipe and create private recipes.
Requesting new materials
The functionality of this program... Helps promote research
- Create a request using the New Sputter Material Request Form.
- Create a helpdesk ticket to inform LNF staff of your request, and to provide them with a forum to communicate with you.
- Your request will be reviewed by the LNF management and staff.
See the Requesting a new material tutorial for specifics.
TORUS® Circular HV (High Vacuum) Magnetron Sputtering Sources
- These sources are in the Lab 18's. Each material require a designated source shield for operation.
|TORUS Source Model||Target Diameter||Thickness
(Model TRS3 & TM03)
|3" +/-0.020"||0.050"- 0.255"||Fe: 0.08" Max (HSMA**)
Co: 0.125" Max (HSMA**) Ni: 0.125" (SMA***) or 0.250" Max (HSMA**)
TORUS® Mag Keeper™
- These sources are in the PVD 75. Each material require a designated source shield for operation.
- Non-magnetic sources require a Target keeper
Superuser access provides access to:
- Target change
- Modify and run VP (variable parameter) recipes
- Create and support private recipes
- Support and train colleagues
- Custom film development
- Reactive sputtering
- Heated recipes (up to 350°C)
- Co-Sputtered films
- Applied bias voltages
All training and checkout should be managed via the LNF helpdesk.
- Due to issues of cross contamination, process development of co-sputtered films will require the purchase of private targets and shields.