LNF Sputter Adding New Films
The Lab 18's have two access categories, user and superuser. User level access allows access to the standard recipes where as superuser access allows users to change targets, run variable parameter recipe and create private recipes.
Requesting new materials
The functionality of this program is to help aid in research by promoting a stable set of variables allowed in the PVD systems.
- Create a request using the New Sputter Material Request Form.
- Create a helpdesk ticket to inform LNF staff of your request, and to provide them with a forum to communicate with you.
- Your request will be reviewed by the LNF management and staff.
See the Requesting a new material tutorial for specifics.
TORUS® Circular HV (High Vacuum) Magnetron Sputtering Sources
- These sources are in the Lab 18's. Each material require a designated source shield for operation.
|TORUS Source Model||Target Diameter||Thickness
(Model TRS3 & TM03)
|3" +/-0.020"||0.050"- 0.255"||Fe: 0.08" Max (HSMA**)
Co: 0.125" Max (HSMA**) Ni: 0.125" (SMA***) or 0.250" Max (HSMA**)
TORUS® Mag Keeper™
- These sources are in the PVD 75. Each material requires a designated source shield for operation.
- Non-magnetic sources require a Target Keeper
Due to issues of cross contamination, process development of co-sputtered films will require the purchase of private targets and shields.
Superuser access provides access to:
- Target change
- Modify and run VP (variable parameter) recipes
- Create and support private recipes
- Support and train colleagues
- Custom film development
- Reactive sputtering
- Heated recipes (up to 350°C)
- Co-Sputtered films
- Applied bias voltages
- All privately supported materials in the LNF are developer supported
- Storage, cleaning, burn-in, and recipe development is the responsibility of the owner
- The LNF in collaboration with OSEH can assist with the disposal of these materials
- Each material requires a designated shield for processing.
- This is to prevent cross contamination, and provide a more reliable maintenance schedule
- Storage and cleaning is the responsibility of the developer.