Difference between revisions of "Lift-off resist"
Revision as of 15:50, 6 April 2021
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
|About this Process|
LOR or lift off resist process is a method of getting better definition of structures while using liftoff. By using 2 layers of material you are able to create a negative profile and are able to get better definition of the features. You can purchase tubes of LOR 10B through the LNF store.
Steps for LOR 10B process on a 4" or 6" silicon substrate
- Clean substrate
- O2 Plasma
- Dehydration bake 110-115C 1-2 min
- Spin LOR for 30s
- Speed and thereby thickness will depend on thickness of metal
- Thickness should be at least 1.5x the thickness of the metal
- Thickness should be < 1/3 minimum space between structures
- For thickness vs. spin speed see LOR data sheet
- Bake at 190C 5 min
- Spin 1813 @ 4krpm 30s
- Bake at 110C for 4 min
- Expose 5-7s on MA6 (approximately 0.25s on stepper)
- Develop on ACS approximately 20 - 30s MF300. Check for double line around feature
- If it needs more develop time develop additional 5s
- Evaporate or sputter metal
- Soak in 65-80C remover PG for 15 - 30min, ultrasonic is usually not be necessary
For thinner metal and finer features LOR 5A or 3A works well
For thicker Metal and larger features LOR 20B and 30B can be used.
General LOR thickness table in µm
|Product||1krpm thickness||4krpm thickness|
- When baked at 190C LOR will be somewhat conformal
- When baked at 275C LOR will flow and become planar
- LOR is compatible with most resists including Ebeam resist
- LOR is soluble in developers so it will continue to undercut the top photoresits for as long as it is developing. Therefore develop time is critical to achieve small features.
- Exposure will vary depending on substrate
- Develop time will vary depending on thickness of the LOR
- Bake times for glass are longer and higher temperature