Mask Bench 13
Mask Bench 13 is a wet bench that is set up for wet etching and cleaning masks. There is a tank of chromium etch and a tank of Nanostrip for photoresist removal.
|Mask Bench 13|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
- Update this with announcements as necessary
Mask Bench 13 has a static tank with Chromium Etch for etching masks and a heated tank of Nanostrip for photoresist removal.
- Static Chromium Etch Tank
- Heated Nanostrip Tank
- Quick dump rinse (QDR)
- Automatic bottle wash
- Sink with gooseneck faucet
|Warning:||You must use the buddy system for all chemical processing. No processing if you are alone in the lab. If the yellow warning lights are on it means that there are 2 or 1 people in the lab.|
Working with chemicals can be very dangerous. To minimize the chance of accident, make sure you always:
- Wear personal protective equipment. Required PPE at this bench is an apron, face shield, and Trionic gloves.
- LNF Glove Policy
- Know the properties and hazards of chemicals you are working with. If you don’t know, find out by reading about them or asking staff.
- Plan the details of your process. Before you start working, plan what quantities of chemicals and sample carriers you will use. Plan how you will rinse your sample and what you will do with any waste generated. Make sure you know how the controllers work.
- Do not use this bench without proper training.
- Waste from this bench goes into the LNF’s acid waste neutralization system and then to city sewers.
- No solvents can be used or disposed of here.
- Solutions which contains toxic materials that cannot be removed by neutralization (such as gold and chromium etch) should not be aspirated or disposed of down the drain.
- 4x4 masks
- 5X5 masks
- 7X7 masks
The Mask Bench 13 is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
For a detailed version of the SOP, see below Widget text will go here.
Checkout on Mask Bench 13 requires the following steps:
- Take the General Wet Bench Training, if you haven't already.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Complete the Mask Bench Quiz.
- Find an available time for checkout here.
- Verify that the tool is available in the LNF Online Services at the time you are requesting.
- After confirmation that the event is scheduled in Calendly, invite the staff member assigned to your event to a Staff Support reservation at that time.
- Create a helpdesk ticket for final confirmation of your checkout appointment.
- If you pass the quiz the tool engineer will authorize you on the tool. If not you will be contacted to repeat.
This section requires expansion.
- Nano-strip Tank Change
- The nanostrip tank is changed by staff weekly on Mondays at 9:30 AM
- The Chromium etch tank is changed by staff every 6 weeks