|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
The nP12 is an atmospheric plasma tool that generates a N2 plasma which scans over the wafer surface. It is used for wafer surface modification, usually plasma activation prior to wafer bonding. Plasma activation helps to reduce the necessary bonding temperatures in many materials and enables fusion bonding of si substrates.
- None at this time.
- 500 W direct N2 plasma
- Programmable scan speed and dose
- Adjustable for various substrate thicknesses up to several mm
- Wafers from 10 mm pieces up to 300 mm diameter
- N2 plasma
- Plasma scan of substrate surface is at atmosphere
- Programmable plasma power
- 10 mm pieces up to 300 mm diameter wafers
- Any non restricted substrate materials
- Mounting may be advisable. Discuss with a tool engineer
- Standard wafer thicknesses preferred, but wafer thickness of several mm can be adjusted for
The NP12 nanoPREP is designated as a Semi-Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
This tool is primarily used to plasma activate the surface of Si substrates for direct wafer bonding, however it will perform surface modification of many materials. Here is a chart of characterized materials and their surface energy over time. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard operating procedure
This article 's Equipment Manual does not follow the LNF Equipment Manual Guidelines.
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Ideally practice with your mentor or another authorized user operating the tool.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training/checkout.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time training/checkout.
- Test wafers are run monthly and the static contact angle of water on the surface is checked
- The scan head height is checked or adjusted as needed