|Sample Size||pieces and up to 8" wafers|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
The NanoSpec 6100 measures the thickness of transparent and semi-transparent thin films and film stacks through non-contact spectroscopic reflectometry. The automated stage and autofocus system enables rapid generation of film thickness uniformity maps.
None at this time.
- Film thicknesses in the range of 200 Å to several µm
- Maximum thickness is film dependent.
- Up to three layers of thin films
- The NanoSpec measures film thickness using fixed “material file” optical constant values for n and k versus wavelength. If the optical properties of your film differ from the material file, your film thickness measurement may be inaccurate.
- Halogen light source in visible wavelength range 400 - 800 nm.
- Measurement spot size is objective dependent
- 4x objective → 62.5 µm in diameter
- 10x objective → 25 µm in diameter
- Measurement time: typically < 1 sec/site
- Automated stage for rapid wafer map data collection
- Wafer Size - pieces up to 8" wafers
- Wafer type - silicon, gallium arsenide, indium phosphide, and other materials available in material file database (Note: thin films on transparent substrates cannot be measured.)
- Maximum sample thickness - 1.25 mm (4" mounted on 6")
The NanoSpec 6100 is designated as a General class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
- No liquids or uncured spin on films.
- No solvents under lenses. Solvents will degrade lens coatings.
- There are 200 programs and recipes on the NanoSpec as well as many optical constant material files.
- If the program, recipe, or material file you need are not on the tool, please submit a Helpdesk ticket to contact the tool owner for assistance.
- The Woollam M-2000 Ellipsometer can be used to measure optical constants for custom films.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will coordinate a time for training.
- Lamp is replaced as needed.