The Nanoquest II Ion Mill is a...
|Nanoquest II Ion Mill|
|Manufacturer||Intlvac Thin Film|
|Sample Size||100 mm, 150 mm|
|Gases Used||Ar, O2, N2|
|Operating Procedure||not released|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
None at this time.
- Etch rates of < 2 nm/min up to > 40 nm/min for a wide variety of materials
- Ebara EMT3300MK turbo pump
- Base pressure < 10-7
- Actively cooled platen with Dri-chuck mounting system
- 100 mm and 150 mm chucks available
- 5°C - 40°C range
- KRI RFICP220 gridded ion source
- Beam current up to 1500 mA
- Beam voltage up to 1000 V
- 3" dia RF magnetron sputter cathode
- 100 mm or 150 mm wafers
The Nanoquest II Ion Mill is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Initial characterization data for several recipes provided by the vendor are shown in the table below. Data is for thermal oxide and SPR 220. Uniformity data is from the thermal oxide measurement on 150 mm wafers with 10 mm edge exclusion.
|Recipe Name||Oxide Etch Rate
|SPR 220 Etch Rate
(10 mm EE)
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Complete the sample mounting course. If you have already completed this for another tool, you do not need to complete it again.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Complete the process request form.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.