P5000 RIE/Chamber A
|Model||Precision 5000 MxP Etch|
SiO2 3800 Å/min|
|Sample Size||150 mm*|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|*Smaller samples may be mounted to a 6" carrier|
Chamber A is part of the Applied Materials P5000 RIE system. It is configured for Si based dielectric etching, including SiO2 and Si3N4. Please see the main tool page for more details including the SOP and training procedure.
- Etch Rate
- Wafer to wafer average etch rate variation: ±2%
- Within wafer etch rate non-uniformity: < ±5%
- Maximum depth and aspect ratio dependent on feature size. For more details, please see the supported processes.
- Single frequency RF – 1000 Watts @ 13.56 Mhz
- Temperature controlled electrostatic chuck: 20°C
- Pressure Regulation: Closed loop via process chamber 1 Torr baratron pressure gauge and turbo pump throttle valve
- A 150mm carrier wafer must be used for 100mm wafers and smaller pieces. For information on mounting techniques, please read about sample mounting.
- Thickness: Do not process samples that are thicker than standard wafer thicknesses (675 µm +/-25 µm).
- Substrate surfaces should be clean and free from particulates. Inadequate cleaning of the wafer backside will cause the process to abort and may result in loss of tool authorization.
The P5000 RIE/Chamber A is designated as a Semi-Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.