Difference between revisions of "PDMS Processing"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:10, 27 March 2020
DMS XXXX is used in soft lithography. To prepare it you mix the two components in Sylgard 184,
the procedure is as follows
- It is recommended to mix the amount necessary to obtain a PDMS mold of a desired thickness. This thickness will depend on the use of the mold
- Weigh the two amounts of materials in a ratio 10:1 w/w
- Stir until thoroughly mix
- Stirring produce bubbles - remove the bubbles before pouring onto the mold
- Place the SU-8 mold, coated with the release agent, in a container where the mold can be easily removed
- Let it cure overnight at a temperature between 60 and 100 C
- When cured, remove from the mold and cut the mold in the necessary pieces
- If the final objective is a microfluidic sealed with glass, place both PDMS mold and glass in an oxygen plasma for surface activation
- Remove both pieces from the plasma, avoid touching the surfaces, align both pieces and press them together.