PVD 75 Proline
|PVD 75 Proline|
|Material Processed||Al, Al2O3, Cr, Fe, Ni, Si, SiO2, Si3N4, Ag,Ti|
|Sample Size||150mm x 4mm and smaller samples|
|Gases Used||Ar, N2, O2|
The PVD 75 Proline is a magnetron sputter deposition tool for depositing conductive metallic and non conductive dielectric films. The PVD 75 tool is designed specifically for point of use processing of materials not allowed or not currently in the Lab 18 tools. Sputter deposition is achieved by bombarding a source material with energetic ions, typically Ar+. Atoms at the surface of the target are knocked loose, and transported to the surface of the substrate, where deposition occurs. Electrically conductive material such as Al, W, and Ti can use a dc power source, in which the target acts as the cathode in a diode system. Sputtering of dielectrics such as silicon dioxide, or aluminum oxide requires an Rf power source to supply energy to the argon atoms. Sputter films are ideal for sidewall coverage in low thermal budget cases for contact and insulating layers over features.
- Computer controlled recipes
- Non load lock configuration
- limited film stress versatility with in film development.
- Reactive film capabilities (Ar, O2, and N2)
In addition to these, this tool has a number of user-supported recipes for depositing a wide variety of materials. Some of these recipes are documented on User Processes.
If you have a material deposition need that is not listed, check to see if this material is deposited on another PVD tool or see more about options for running your own private material on the LNF PVD Films page. The PVD 75 Proline is the preferred sputtering tool for non-standard materials. See how to Request New PVD Films here.
|Material||Max thickness (Run/Reservation)|
|Aluminum (Al)||3000Å / 1 µm|
|Alumina/Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3)||500Å / 3000Å|
|Chrome (Cr)||3000Å / 9000Å|
|Iron (Ir)||2000Å / 6000Å|
|Nickel (Ni)||2000 Å / 6000Å|
|Molybdenum (Mo)||2000 Å / 8000 Å|
|Silver (Ag)||3000 Å / 6000Å|
|Silicon (Si)||3000 Å / 6000Å|
|Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)||1000 Å / 3000Å|
|Silicon Nitride (Si3N4)||500 Å / 1000Å|
|Titanium (Ti)||3000 Å / 6000 Å|
|Tungsten (W)||3000 Å / 9000 Å|
- Cryo pumped chamber – lower 10-6 Torr base pressure
- Chamber capacity: single wafer
- Configured with port for future load lock
- Sample heating – up to 350°C
- Four 3” Sputtering Guns
- 2 DC (one pulse DC source) and 2 RF power supply (one for sample RF bias)
- Sample sizes: pieces, up to 6” wafers.
- Wafer holders available for 2", 3", 4", 6"; as well as clip fixtures for smaller pieces
- Diameter 150 mm maximum
- Substrates up to 4 mm Thick. With special fixture up to 8 mm.
- Sample Mounting
Standard Operating Procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Complete the following items
- Create a helpdesk ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
For more details, see PVD 75 Proline/Maintenance and qualification.