Photoresist is a photoactive polymer suspended in a solvent used in Lithography processing. We have positive novolak based resists for use with our mask aligners and stepper, negative epoxy based resists ..... and e-beam resists for use with the JOEL.
LNF Supported Photoresists
- SPR 220
- SPR 220 (3.0) is stocked in the cleanroom, SPR 220 (7.0) can be purchased from the store
- SPR 955
- SPR 955 (0.9) can be purchased in the store
- 1813 is stocked in the cleanroom and can be purchased from the store
- KMPR 1010 and 1025 can be purchased from the store
- PMMA 450
- PMMA 950
A photoresist used in RIE needs to be thermally stable and resistant to the etch chemistry.
- SPR 220 - 3µm of SPR 220 is the most common etch mask at the LNF.
- SPR 955 - 0.97µm of SPR 955 allows a higher resolution then SPR 220 when a thinner mask is acceptable.
- KMPR - KMPR is a negative epoxy based photoresist with a very good etch resistance, but is more difficult to pattern and remove.
- ZEP - This is an e-beam photoresist that generally has much better etch resistance then PMMA
- PMMA 950 - PMMA can be used as an RIE mask, but will generally etch several times faster then the SPR series.
A photoresists adhesion is very important as any adhesion failure greatly increases undercut.
- S1800 - XXX of 1813 is our standard wet etch mask due to XXX
Liftoff needs a photoresist profile that prevents sidewall deposition from bridging the film. Generally this is done by using a bi-layer stack and undercutting the bottom layer...
- 1813 on LOR
- PMMA 950 on PMMA 450
Below you can find a list of public and private approved photoresists for the LNF. If you would like to bring a new photoresist into the robin lab or clean room, then please create a help desk ticket or email email@example.com. All photoresists must be handled using the green polychloroprene gloves.
- None at this time.
|950K PMMA 6%||LNF||E-Beam Spinner||?||Photoresist cabinet 1440C; 1480 photoresist||-|
|AZ5214-E (IR)||Private||Not using||+, Reversible||No longer stored||-|
|AZ9260||Sold through store||?||+||?||Thick photoresist, high resolution|
|KMPR 1010||Private||CEE 100CB Spinner||-||?||UV, E-beam, x-ray, contact aligner|
|KMPR 1025||Private||CEE 100CB Spinner||-||?||UV, E-beam, or x-ray|
|LOR 10B Lift-Off Resist||Private||CEE 100CB Spinner||-||?||-|
|S1813||LNF||CEE 100 and CEE 200 Spinners||+||Photoresist cabinet 1440C||-|
|SC1827||LNF/discontinued||CEE 100 and CEE 200 Spinners||+||Photoresist cabinet 1440C||-|
|SPR 220-3.0||LNF||ACS 200 Cluster Tool, CEE 100 and CEE 200 Spinners||+||Photoresist cabinet 1440C||-|
|SPR 220-7.0||LNF/Private||CEE 100 and CEE 200 Spinners||+||Photoresist cabinet 1440C||LNF provides the photoresist for the CEE 200CB Spinner #1, but it must be purchased if you want to use it on the CEE 100CB Spinner|
|SPR 955-0.9||LNF||ACS 200 Cluster Tool, CEE 100 and CEE 200 Spinners||+||Photoresist cabinet 1440C||Thinner viscosity, higher resolution|
|SU-8 2010||?||ROBIN Lab||-||Epoxy photoresist for micromachining|
|SU-8 2005||?||ROBIN Lab||-||Epoxy photoresist for micromachining|
|SU-8 2050||?||ROBIN Lab||-||Epoxy photoresist for micromachining|