|Sample Size||max thickness 3"|
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
The Rame-Hart Goniometer is a metrology tool for computer-aided contact angle and surface energy measurement and analysis. The system uses a manual liquid dispensing syringe which can be easily exchanged to test different liquids. The DROPimage advanced software package allows for analysis and capture of images and data for static, advancing and receding contact angle measurements in addition to surface energy calculations.
No announcements at this time
The DROPimage Standard software measures contact angle and includes a suite of surface energy tools including:
- Acid-Base Tool
- Surface Energy Tool
- Work of Adhesion Tool
- Zisman's Plot Tool
- Solid-Liquid-Liquid Surface Energy Tool
- One Liquid SE Tool
Hardware details (from Rame-Hart)
- 2 inch x 3 inch (51 mm x 76 mm) platform
- Maximum 3 inch deep sample size
- Sample size can extend past stage so large samples can be measured (6", etc).
- Precision 3-Axis Locking Leveling
Contact Angle Measurements:
- 0 to 180°
- Resolution: 0.1°
- Accuracy: +/-0.1°
U1 Series Camera:
- Superspeed USB 3.0, 1/3" CCD, 100 fps, Progressive Scan, Sony Sensor, 659 x 494 pixels
- Variable Fiber Optic Illuminator
- sample thickness: Maximum of 3 inches
- sample size: No maximum sample size specification.
The Rame-Hart Goniometer is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
The goniometer can be used only if the interaction of the liquid and the surface is such that a drop is formed on the surface. Evidently, no toxic liquids, no low surface tension liquids, no high vapor liquids can be measured in this environment.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Complete the training request form here.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Complete the SOP quiz here.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
No user maintenance required. Replacement of consumables to be done by staff, replacement part numbers are included below.
- Illuminator Light Bulb: Part #100-00-FOB
- Microsyringe Assembly: Part #100-10-20
- Needles: Part #100-10-12-22