This tool is used to bond 4" wafers, (and in some circumstances be configured for 6" wafers). It is primarily used for anodic bonding and has superior anodic bond hardware when compared to our other bonders. Other types of bonds are allowed, but a helpdesk ticket should be created and the process discussed with one of the tool engineers. Anodic power supply polarity is reversible and the top electrode is capable of tack bonding in the center prior to full wafer bonding.
|Material Processed||silicon, glass|
|Sample Size||4" with 6" tooling available by request|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
|Warning:||This page has not been released yet.|
- Chamber vacuum below 5.0e-5 mbar easily achieved
- Tool force of 30 kN
- Max chuck temp of 500°C
- Substrate stack thicknesses of 500 um to 5 mm possible. Thinner or thicker with tool engineer approval.
- Up to 500 °C chuck temp
- 30 kN tool Pressure
- 4" Chuck, 6" available by request
- Chamber pressure below 5.0 e-5 mbar. Positive chamber pressure also available
- N2 atmosphere possible in chamber
- 4" round. 6" round by request
- Si and glass wafers allowed
- Wafer thickness between 500 µm and 5 mm with tool engineer discussion
The SB-6E Bonder is designated as a Semi-Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Anodic bonding of Si to glass is primarily supported on this tool. Other materials are allowed for other bonds also if requested. If you are curious if your material can be processed in this tool, please contact the tool engineers via the helpdesk ticket system.
Standard operating procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through this page and the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training, and to review your process needs.
- Create a helpdesk ticket requesting checkout.
- Authorization will be provided pending demonstration of proper tool use in the presence of a tool engineer.