Tempress S1T2 - LTO 4"
|Tempress S1T2 - LTO 4"|
|Materials Restriction||CMOS Clean|
|Sample Size||Pieces up to 100mm (4")|
|Gases Used||N2, O2, SiH4|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
|User Processes||User Processes|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. LTO is formed by using a process called LPCVD, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition. Chemical vapor deposition forms thin films on the surface of a substrate by thermal decomposition and/or reaction of gaseous compounds. The desired material is deposited directly from the gas phase onto the surface of the wafer. The important factors are gas ratio, temperature, and pressure.
- There are no announcements at this time.
- LTO - Low Temperature Oxide
- Maximum Thickness - 12 µm
- N2 - Maximum flow 1 slpm
- N2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- O2 - Maximum flow 500 sccm
- SiH4 - Maximum flow 100 sccm
- Silicon only
- Pieces up to 100 mm (4")
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4") wafers
- All samples must go through the RCA Pre-Furnace clean procedure before being processed in the furnace
The Tempress S1T2 - LTO 4" is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Standard Operating Procedure
- Read the Standard Operating Procedure above.
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Maintenance is performed on the tool after the tool has accumulated 30-40 µm of deposition.
- Maintenance consists of replacing the following quartz parts within the tube.
- Twin rods
- Bridge for twin rods
- Thermo couple sheath
- SiH4 injector
- O2 injector
- Dummy wafers