Tempress S1T3 - N-type in Situ Doped Poly-Si 6"
|Tempress S1T3 - N-type in Situ Doped Poly-Si 6"|
|Materials Restriction||CMOS Clean|
|Sample Size||Pieces up to 150 mm (6")|
|Gases Used||N2, SiH4, 5% PH3/SiH4|
|Supported Processes||N-type in-situ doped polysilicon|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. In-situ doped polysilicon is formed by using a process called LPCVD, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition. Chemical vapor deposition forms thin films on the surface of a substrate by thermal decomposition and/or reaction of gaseous compounds. The desired material is deposited directly from the gas phase onto the surface of the wafer. Doping is achieved by adding dopant gases such as PH3 (N-type), or BCl3 (P-type) to the deposition gases. The important factors are gas ratio, temperature, and pressure.
- There are no announcements at this time.
- N-type in-situ doped polysilicon
- Maximum Thickness - 2µm
- Silicon only
- 150 mm (6") only
- Can process up to 25, 150 mm (6") wafers
The Tempress S1T3 - N-type in Situ Doped Poly-Si 6" is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- LNF staff will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the existing Helpdesk ticket. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Maintenance is performed on the tool, after 20µm of accumulated deposition.
- Maintenance consists of replacing the following quartz parts within the tube.
- Twin rods
- Bridge for twin rods
- Thermocouple sheath
- 5% PH3/SiH4 injector
- Dummy wafers
- Tube is replaced at 100µm of accumulated deposition.