Tempress S3T3 - Flat Poly-Si 4"
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. Polysilicon, Low Stress Poly-Si, and Amorphous silicon are formed by using a process called LPCVD, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition. Chemical vapor deposition forms thin films on the surface of a substrate by thermal decomposition and/or reaction of gaseous compounds. The desired material is deposited directly from the gas phase onto the surface of the wafer. The important factors are gas ratio, temperature, and pressure.
|Tempress S3T3 - Flat Poly-Si 4"
|Polysilicon, Annealed polysilicon, Amorphous silicon
- No announcements at this time.
- Silicon only
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4") wafers
- Wafer thickness, ~525um for 100mm (4")
The Tempress S3T3 - Flat Poly-Si 4" is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Helpdesk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Boats and dummy wafers are replaced every 20-30µm of accumulated deposition.
- Tube is replaced at 100µm of accumulated deposition.