Tempress S4T4 - TEOS 4"
|Tempress S4T4 - TEOS 4"|
|Materials Restriction||CMOS Clean|
|Sample Size||Pieces up to 100 mm (4")|
|Gases Used||N2, Tetraethyl Silicate|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. TEOS (tetraeythlorthosilicate) is formed by using a process called LPCVD, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition. Chemical vapor deposition forms thin films on the surface of a substrate by thermal decomposition and/or reaction of gaseous compounds. The desired material is deposited directly from the gas phase onto the surface of the wafer. The important factors are gas ratio, temperature, and pressure. TEOS is a very conformal oxide that is used to fill high aspect ratio trenches, and gaps.
- There are no announcements at this time.
- Maximum Thickness - 2µm
- N2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- Tetraethyl Silicate - Maximum flow 200 sccm
- Silicon only
- Pieces up to 100 mm (4")
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4"), wafers
The Tempress S4T4 - TEOS 4" is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Replace quartz boat, and dummy wafers when needed.
- Tube is replaced at 100µm of accumulated deposition.