Tempress S5T3 - Boron Diffusion 4"
|Tempress S5T3 - Boron Diffusion 4"|
|Materials Restriction||CMOS Clean|
|Sample Size||100 mm (4")|
|Gases Used||N2, O2|
|Supported Processes||Boron Diffusion|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. Diffusion refers to the process of intentionally introducing impurities into an extremely pure semiconductor in order to change its electrical properties. The diffusion process begins with the deposition of a high concentration of the desired impurity on the silicon surface. At high temperature the impurity atoms move, from the surface, further into the silicon crystal.
- There are no announcements at this time.
- N2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- O2 - Maximum flow 10 slpm
- O2 - Maximum flow 500 sccm
- Techneglas Boron solid sources
- Silicon only
- 100 mm (4") only
- 4" wafers only
- 2 wafers per source
The Tempress S5T3 - Boron Diffusion 4" is designated as a CMOS Clean class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Replace Boron sources after 100 hours of use.