Tempress S6T1 - Annealing
|Tempress S6T1 - Annealing|
|Gases Used||N2, O2, 5% H2/N2|
|Supported Processes||Supported Processes|
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. Annealing in metallurgy, and material science, is a heat treatment wherein, a material is altered, causing a change in its properties such as strength, and hardness. It is a process that produces conditions by heating, and maintaining a suitable temperature, and then cooling. Annealing is used to induce softness, relieve internal stress, and to refine the structure.
- No announcements at this time.
- Dry Oxide
- Maximum temperature - 1100°C
- Silicon only
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4") wafers
- Wafer thickness, ~525um for 100mm (4")
- A solvent clean must be performed on any samples prior to the run
- 5 min clean Acetone
- 5 min clean IPA
- 5 min fresh clean Acetone
- 5 min fresh clean IPA
- 3 min DI rinse
The Tempress S6T1 - Annealing is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email email@example.com for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.