Tempress S6T4 - LTO 4"
The Tempress diffusion system is a modular horizontal furnace designed to process silicon wafers as part of the manufacturing technology of semiconductor, optical, MEMS, and solar devices. LTO is formed by using a process called LPCVD, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition. Chemical vapor deposition forms thin films on the surface of a substrate by thermal decomposition and/or reaction of gaseous compounds. The desired material is deposited directly from the gas phase onto the surface of the wafer. The important factors are gas ratio, temperature, and pressure.
|Tempress S6T4 - LTO 4"|
|Sample Size||Pieces up to 100 mm (4")|
|Gases Used||N2, O2, SiH4|
- There are no announcements at this time.
- Low Temperature Oxide - LTO
- Maximum Thickness - 12µm
- Silicon only
- Pieces up to 100 mm (4")
- Can process up to 25, 100 mm (4") wafers
- A solvent clean must be performed on any samples prior to the run
- 5 min clean Acetone
- 5 min clean IPA
- 5 min fresh clean Acetone
- 5 min fresh clean IPA
- 3 min DI rinse
The Tempress S6T4 - LTO 4" is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Standard operating procedure
- Create a Help desk Ticket requesting training.
- A process engineer will schedule a time for initial training. After completing training the user can attempt a checkout session. It may be necessary for some users to participate in more than one training session, prior to attempting check out.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the Help desk Ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
- Maintenance is performed on the tool, after 30-40µm of accumulated deposition.
- Maintenance consists of replacing the following quartz parts within the tube.
- Twin rods
- Bridge for twin rods
- Thermocouple sheath
- SiH4 injector
- O2 injector
- Dummy wafers
- Tube is replaced at 100µm of accumulated deposition.