Veeco Fiji ALD
|Veeco Fiji ALD|
|Manufacturer||Cambridge Nanotech Fiji|
|Material Processed||Al2O3, HfO2, ZnO, TiO2,TiN, Pt, AlN, SiO2|
|Sample Size||8", 6", 4", 3" and 2" wafers, pieces|
|Chemicals Used||Metal Organic Precursors|
|Gases Used||Ar, O2, H, N2|
|Supported Processes||[Supported Processes]|
The Veeco/Ultratech/Cambfidge Fiji is a plasma or thermal assisted atomic layer deposition (ALD) tool used to deposit a variety of oxides, nitrides and metals. It is a load locked tool which has five channels for metal organic precursors, one channel for water and a plasma head with Ar, O2, H, and N2
- 2018-07-18 Tool Released with Al2O3 (150/200/250C), HfO2 (150/200/250C), ZnO (200/250C), TiO2 Plasma (250C), TiN (250C)
- November 2019: Pt, TiO2 thermal, ZnO 150C are all released.
- January 2020: SiO2 released to users
- Use Ticketing system to request follow-on films or if you need different films considered
- 2020-1-20 Precursor Rotation seems to be problematic for people's research schedule - please feel free to fill out a ticket to change the material in the tool that week.
- Mar 2020 - 200C Al2O3 Ozone released.
- May 29 2020 Tool will be at 150C starting Thursday mornings and returned to 200C on Monday Mornings
- March 2023 - Tool now left idle at 200C all the time
- Highly conformal and uniform metal-oxide thin films with no pinholes
- Slow growth rate with monolayer-level thickness control.
- Turbo-pumped vacuum chamber with heated table and heated sidewalls
- Load lock chamber with 200mm carrier plate capable of handling up to 15mm thick substrates
- Heated table can run 80-500ºC
- Five metal-organic bubbler channels with jacket heaters and millisecond-firing ALD valves.
- Downstream 300 W RF plasma head for Ar, O2, H2,, N2 plasmas
- Ozone Generator to allow Ozone dosing instead of water as an oxygen source
- Software to run loops of dose/purge cycles to enable ALD
- 200mm Diameter circular, flat carrier 15mm height clearance.
- Substrates must be able to handle heating and vacuum requirements of the specific ALD process.
- Due to aggressive pumping/purging very small samples or powders not recommended.
The Veeco Fiji ALD is designated as a Metals class tool. Below is a list of approved materials for the tool. Approved means the material is allowed in the tool under normal circumstances. If a material is not listed, please create a helpdesk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any material requests or questions.
Supported Processes and Precursor Rotation
The tool supports 5 precursors at once with 3 (Hf, Zn, Al) always in the tool and several in rotation in the other two channels.
The current qualified process are here:
Standard Operating Procedure
Widget text will go here.
- Read through the Detailed Operating Procedure above.
- Create a Helpdesk Ticket requesting training.
- A tool engineer will schedule a time for initial training.
- Practice with your mentor or another authorized user until you are comfortable with tool operation.
- Schedule a checkout session with a tool engineer via the helpdesk ticket system. If this checkout is successful, the engineer will authorize you on the tool.
In order to provide reliable operating conditions, maintenance is performed weekly on the tool including inspecting and cleaning the chamber. The following regular maintenance is performed on the Veeco Fiji ALD:
- Inspection of sample holder plate, sand blast clean if necessary
- Verification of some subset of film data.
- Plasma Tuning Check
- Chamber clean and QCM change
- Annually - Every 2 Years
- Complete chamber tear down
- Chamber CM Gauge replacement.
After any major chamber maintenance, verification of one film thickness will be done.